Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Most Beautiful Girl

The door made a loud noise that echoed through the hollow stairwell as I pushed it open. I entered into a hall that was delightfully plain...boring, in other words. But keep in mind, I am a connoisseur of places. This hall wasn't even on the side of the building arrayed with slender windows. Was the sun setting by now?

Suddenly, between the file cabinets, trash cans, and chairs lining the hall, a change in the air caught caught me off guard! Surely this perfume left a luscious woman behind...I stood and savored her forgone presence. I searched for the source, but the scent was only an inordinate cloud, a delicacy.

I wished I could take it with me, as a private souvenir of a curious experience. I wanted to own the scent, even; I wanted it to be mine. But I had to let it go. I continued on my way; there were many interesting sights ahead of me.

Sadly, back in the shadow of the disembodied perfume, the most beautiful girl that never was watched me, tenderly, as if through a curtain. She reached out; tears formed in her eyes. Would I, an explorer of a million places, ever come back here? I think so. It was a charming scent, a sacred place. But I kept walking. Having passed through a rip in time, I seem to have been bound for other things - or maybe other things were bound for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home